March, 29th: Day 2 - Camacha to Funchal

This was my first day of walking. Starting easy, I went by bus to Camacha. Camacha is a tiny village which is known for its basket makers, though I couldn't find any. 
I planned to do a nice Levada walk (Rother tour 9). Finding the entry to the levada wasn't that easy but, ok, I was a beginner :)

Camacha
The tour was really nice and I enjoyed nature a lot though I met many large tourists groups. Passing through some villages, after a few hours I finally arrived in Monte. From Monte, you can get down to Funchal by cable car or the famous basket sleighs. However, I decided to walk down (Rother tour 1). This path was even nicer than the previous one, I felt like walking through the jungle. If you have good boots, definitely worth walking! After passing several water falls (the way is not so easy but you shouldn't miss it)..

Water fall on the way down to Funchal
.. I finally had a beautiful view on Funchal.
View on Funchal
Funchal is especially beautiful in the evening. The street lights in the mountains look like stars and everything is beautifully lit.
Funchal, old town in the evening

More pictures of this day...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment